Thank you for your continued support of Northwest Animal Hospital. We are grateful for the patience and understanding you’ve shown as we adjust and adapt to new COVID guidelines. We feel fortunate to be able to provide care to our patients, but we must continue to do so in a way that is safe for our employees and clients.
Since the pandemic started in March, we have been offering “Curbside Service” only, with only patients and staff allowed in the building. For the foreseeable future, we will continue “Curbside Service” because we are unable to safely social distance in our exam rooms. The safety of our staff needs to be one of our top priorities. Northwest staff are the heart and soul of this practice and without their safety, we wouldn’t be able to care for our patients. Inside the building, our staff are wearing masks and face shields to prevent COVID transmission between coworkers. We are also taking care to make sure that any staff member that is ill or potentially exposed to COVID outside the workplace is quarantining and testing according to Minnesota Department of Health guidelines.
Many of our fellow veterinary colleagues around the Twin Cities area are currently in quarantine and many clinics are closed due to short staffing. The veterinary community is resilient and we are making changes and adapting as quickly as we can. Working with extra precautions in place to keep staff safe from COVID exposure takes more time and we are grateful for your patience while we navigate through these new challenges.
If your pet is a current patient with us, we will do everything possible to accommodate you in scheduling. We will continue to have a few appointment times available during the day. However, we are encouraging “Drop-off” appointments, as it allows us more flexibility to see patients during the day. We will also have some same day appointments available for more urgent issues.
- When bringing your pet in for an appointment, please call the office from your car to check in.
- A staff member will discuss any health issues and gather contact information.
- Once you’ve checked in, we will meet you in the foyer with your pet. Please bring cats in a carrier and keep dogs on a leash. Masks are required in the foyer. If there is another client in the foyer, please wait outside or in your car until the foyer is empty.
- There is a paw print on the floor along with a hook for a leash on the wall. A staff member will wait for you to hook your dog’s leash or leave the pet carrier and then come in to retrieve your pet. This allows you to avoid direct contact with staff members.
- Medication refills will be labeled with your pet’s name and hung on the brick wall just inside the front doors to your right.
- Lab samples for fecal or urine testing can be labeled with your pet’s name and placed in a bag in the blue basket in the foyer.
- Invoices can be paid via phone with a staff member or through our website by clicking on the “Make a Payment” button in the top right hand corner at www.nwveterinarian.com or by clicking here: “Make a Payment”
Thank you again for your patience as we navigate through such a difficult time. We are so, so grateful for the grace and gratitude you’ve already shown us . Thank you also for the trust you’ve placed in us. We understand how difficult it must be to in leave your pet with us, but rest assured that we are caring for them just as we would for our own pets. We are still down on the floor playing with dogs, offering tons of treats, giving our feline friends chin scratches and talking to each patient every time. It is truly an honor to be trusted with such an important task and we don’t take that lightly.
The Northwest Animal Hospital Staff